Bioware have shown a videos as PAX this year of their Bounty Hunter (omgsquee), Smuggler and Sith Warrior classes. Now I’ve seen them I’m less blown away than I expected to be.
The first is the Bounty Hunter video, which shows an example of the “fully voiced” conversation dialogue. If you’ve ever played Mass Effect or Knights of the Old Republic.. well.. it’s that. Doesn’t even look like they’ve changed the dialogue wheel much. Admittedly, I had a happygasm on seeing this, but a lot of people won’t. Guild Wars did the story cutscene well, in that they were skippable and short. SW:TOR conversations seem to be long and unskippable. Does this mean we’ll spend 10 minutes getting quests from 10 different people in every new area
Next up was the Smuggler video, which is essentially the class for those of you who loved Han Solo. In this one it shows the cover system, which is essentially Gears of War, only with.. well.. Han. Useable skills change in cover too, I imagine this is very like the different warrior stances in WoW. I do like the way they’ve done the shooting, it’s quick and sounds authentic. Really not sold on the firing or running animations though. Knowing that this game will probably go for about a billion hours, I’m not sure I could take it for that long.
No comments:
Post a Comment